[Amps] Building an Amp 101

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Building an Amp 101
From: "Jerry" <jsternmd@att.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 10:10:02 -0500
I have had a long desire to build my own linear HF or VHF amp.  I believe I
have the electronic technical skills but after looking at some completed
projects like those on WD7S website, I realized I don't have the skills or
tools to do a nice job on the mechanical aspects of chassis / sub-chassis
sheetmetal work.  I guess I could cram it all into an unattractive box
behind a reasonable looking front panel but is linear amp building mainly
for those with good metal work capabilities?   How does one break into this
with limited workbench space other than an electronic workbench?

Jerry