[Amps] Strong distortion from TL-922

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Strong distortion from TL-922
From: "Alf Pousar" <alf.pousar@surffi.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 13:57:39 +0300
Hello folks!

?

I was driving my TL-922 in AM mode with FT-2000 to the maximum power level, BY
MISSTAKE!!! The transmit session was short, less than a minute, but more than
20 seconds.

I later continued in SSB and got reports on my bad quality, very strong
distortion undependent off my drive leve!

 No damage on any parts so the problem must stay inside the tube(s), 3-500Z
Eimac.

I replaced both tubes, as I happened to have two spares at hand. The distortion
is gone and all is perfect again.

Does anyone have a clue what was the reason for the distortion? Tubes looks
fine, no sounds when shaking so no loose grid fragments.

Ias I remember no excessive currents and SWR abt 1.1

Any educated guesses or explanations ??

Alf OH2QM