Re: [Amps] 3-500Z pin comes unsoldered

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500Z pin comes unsoldered
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 11:31:05 +0800
More than that. It most likely means the spring tension on the clips is inadequate and needs to be fixed. You can blow a hurricane at the socket pins, if the springs are weak, the connection to the pins will be loose and you are still going to melt the solder.

I believe that I have said on many occasions, tobite the bullet and get some new sockets from China and the spring tension issue will be a thing of the past.

See http://www.mableaudio.com/en/productview-560_5pins+Gold+tube+sockets.html and tell Miss Mable I sent you. I'll get my kick back next time I visit her. :-)

73, Alek. VK6APK