Re: [Amps] AL-1200 Tuning Capacitor Range

Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-1200 Tuning Capacitor Range
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 16:25:14 +0800
G'day Kim.

Dunno if the AL-1200 is the same as the AL-1500 where the markings on the front panel indicate that the plate cap should be tuning at the spot you mentioned.

Yeah, I know. Different tube but knowing Ameritron, they probably have the same silk screening pattern for both amps.

With my AL-1500, its actually up a bit from that mark at the "17" position.

If your amp puts out the expected full grunt at that fully open position, then perhaps you shouldn't worry too much about it.

If not, then Dave's suggestion may be good advice.

73, Alek.
VK6APK