Re: [Amps] AL-1200 Tuning Capacitor Range

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-1200 Tuning Capacitor Range
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <k6ll.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 22:05:23 -0700
Reduce the inductance. This is usually most easily done by spreading out the turns on the 21 MHz coil.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

-----Original Message----- From: Kim Elmore
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 9:43 PM
To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] AL-1200 Tuning Capacitor Range

I have an AL-1200 that works very well using the 3CX1200A7 tube, but at the bottom end of 15 m the plate tune capacitor needs to be almost completely unmeshed for proper tuning. The load control is not near either extreme. I'm not completely convinced the PA is properly tuned; I figure this one has just a wee bit more stray capacitance. Would moving the 15 m tap one turn help this? If so, which way should I go: remove a
turn or add a turn of inductance?

Kim N5OP