Re: [Amps] OT - Microwave oven diodes

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] OT - Microwave oven diodes
From: Patrick <flymooney@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 22:28:58 -0400
On 4/4/2015 7:57 PM, Gary Smith wrote:
Thank you all for the replies, I'm going
to follow the suggestions, I have several
good power sources that will surely work
well.

Nice to be able to get advice!

73,

Gary
KA1J

Sorry for the late reply. Believe it or not, it isn't as complicated as you might think. It's the door switch. I also have a Panasonic microwave (I purchased mine from Sam's) and it started doing this exact same thing. I searched around and discovered that apparently this is a common problem.

When the unit would stop working, I could push on the door opening release, re-close the door gently, and half the time, it would start working again.

This is what I ordered as I didn't have one handy in my junk box:

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b159p6/Panasonic-Microwave-Interlock-Switch/AMI2033/940337?ss=a6b159&mr=0

Patrick
K4PNR