Re: [Amps] Yaesu FL2000B amp and input tuning problems

Subject: Re: [Amps] Yaesu FL2000B amp and input tuning problems
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 09:59:26 +0800
G'day Morris.

The method you described is probably more appropriate for setting the output pi circuit settings.

I don't think you can use that method for the input.

I would have thought that you would be better off leaving the tubes in situ and leave the resistor out of it and then do the procedure you described. That should allow you to tune it with all the effects of the tubes' capacitance/inductance in circuit. Dunno if it would work but it must surely get you closer than with the resistor.

Good luck and 73,
Alek. VK6APK