Re: [Amps] [Bulk] Considering an ALS-1306

To: <dave@nk7z.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] [Bulk] Considering an ALS-1306
From: "Dave" <d.gow@frontier.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 12:46:37 -0700
I have an ALS-1306, one of the first 20 manufactured, and it is great!  It
has been flawless since I first turned it on in September of 2014.  I
usually run it at 1000 watts out on SSB but it will easily do the 1200
specified.  The exit cooling air is not even warm to the feel even after a
long period of contest operation and the fan   has never gone to high speed
yet.  It is not quite instant on because it has a 5 second delay softstart.
I have had many amps in 35 years of ham radio including various Alphas and
this amplifier is a real winner.  I did pull the covers and the construction
is very nice (no loose nuts, hi hi). I am using it with a TS-590s but am
thinking about a K3 except that they are going to be a few weeks behind on
shipping because of a parts delay according to the Elecraft website.
Email me off the list if you have specific questions.

Dave
W7VM