Re: [Amps] SPE 2K-FA amplifier duty cycle

To: "RAG\" Stein-Roar Brobakken <post@lb3re.com>"@mx.contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SPE 2K-FA amplifier duty cycle
From: "Joe Giacobello, K2XX" <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 11:55:16 -0400
Typically, you can only be key down for about 10 seconds at 1.5 KW before the amp reverts to 1.0 KW. However, there is a mod which, IIRC, only requires cutting a couple of wires, that extends that time to around 15 seconds. The mod is available from Expert Rome, but I can post a copy on the Files section of the reflector if anyone is interested.

73, Joe
K2XX

LB3RE \"RAG\" Stein-Roar Brobakken <mailto:post@lb3re.com>
Monday, May 18, 2015 9:48 AM
Hello I know few have problem with that the internal bandpass filter get QRT after running 1 KW RTTY

---Sent by iphonewww.lb3re.com op: RAGregardsStein Roar Brobakken e-mail:post@lb3re.comLB3RE K3RAG ex: LA6FJATelephone +47 48 22 44 21----------------------------------http://la5o.wordpress.comwww.contesting.no

I'm thinking of getting an SPE 2K-FA amplifier and I have a question

about duty cycle at full power.

I understand it will run full 1500 watts on SSB and CW, but not so on

RTTY, at least not brick on the key mode. After a certain period of

operation it will cut back to a lower power level.

My question is how long will it run at 1500 watts carrier before

cutting back?

All comments welcome.

73, Bill W6WRT

Bill Turner <mailto:dezrat@outlook.com>