Re: [Amps] Time to ask for help.

To: Amps group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Time to ask for help.
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 14:00:59 -0700

On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 13:20:24 -0700, you wrote:

>This states: "The neutralization can then
>be adjusted for minimum feed through." One question of many: 1) Is the
>author suggesting that the tester knows the frequency of the parasitic and
>that is the frequency being injected and neutralized?

REPLY:

What that means is this:  With the amp completely UN-POWERED, you
apply a 50 MHz signal at the input and monitor the output. Adjust the
neutralizing circuit for minimum output.

I assume you are using a grid-driven input, correct? You might
consider changing over to a grounded grid input, which is much more
stable and usually does not require a neutralizing circuit at all. The
tradeoff is it does require more driving power.

73, Bill W6WRT