[Amps] transformer distortion question

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] transformer distortion question
From: Drax Felton <draxfelton@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 23:15:36 -0400

I'm making a low power MOSFET amplifier for 475kHz with an IRF510. It works fairly well and looks nice on the scope, but now I'm trying to transformer couple its output to a second stage.

I made a center tapped, bifiliar wound, toroid transformer out of 26 turns of 22 ga. magnet wire on a 1" diameter core. This is so that I can split the phases to drive the second stage as a push-pull.

When I look at the output of the right side of the output of the transformer it looks like a perfect sine wave.When I look at the left side's output the negative dip looks distorted.

Will someone look at these photos of my oscilloscope and suggest what might be happening here?
Why is it only on one side of my transformer, only on the negative dip?

Scope:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24304293/transformer_distort.jpg

The transformer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24304293/kb3x_475_amp.jpg
Both sides of the output are shunted to ground with 100 ohm resistors. The center tap is grounded. The left side of the input is grounded and the right is the signal input.

Drax
KB3X