Re: [Amps] 3-500Z tube problems

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500Z tube problems
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 07:09:33 +0800
Hey, did the 4-1000A have a similar problem?

My mate had one and the anode structure was on the piss. The tube and box must have been dropped at some time.

We just held the tube and using the laws of inertia, gave the tube a few thumps, in the appropriate places, until the anode looked straight. it was then plugged into his amp and it would still be working today, if we hadn't transplanted a YC156 into the deck.

73, Alek.
VK6APK