Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A Alpha Max Upgrade

To: "'BRADLEY FOCKEN'" <BFOCKEN@msn.com>, "'Paul Christensen'" <w9ac@arrl.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A Alpha Max Upgrade
From: "Jerry O. Stern" <jsternmd@att.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 17:42:17 -0400
Hi Brad,

I spoke to Glenn or Brad about this around 2 years ago and they said they
would not sell the programmed PALS but would replace them in an amp sent to
them for service if found bad.  It won't be too long before Dishtronix stops
serving the 87a completely.  Maybe I can buy some spares then.  BTW, How do
you clone them?  They all have a "privacy" or "security" fuse which disables
any attempts to read the fuse map and it was standard practice of most
manufacturers to "blow" this fuse.

73 Jerry

NY2KW