Re: [Amps] Henry 3K Bias Diode -- High Idle Current

To: "'Wally'" <wklinn@hotmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 3K Bias Diode -- High Idle Current
From: "David Gow" <d.gow@frontier.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 20:33:25 -0800
My 3k-A had a bad bias diode when purchased.  It also had other minor
problems but the bias diode was an easy fix as the equivalent is an NTE
5156A for about 79 cents at any electronics jobber.  My local supplier,
VETCO in Bellevue WA,  had many in stock.  I bought four for spares as the
gasoline  to drive there was about one gallon.  My  3k-A now easily puts out
the legal limit and is a great amplifier.

Dave W7VM