[Amps] Stock up on tubes?

To: Amps Group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Stock up on tubes?
From: Catherine James <catherine.james@att.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 19:03:02 -0800
What's everyone doing to plan for the day when most tubes are unobtainium?

I am wondering if I should be stocking up on Ryazan G811A tubes. They seem to
shelf-age in a more friendly way than the 3-500Z, and they're still pretty
cheap.

I'd really like to have at least one spare set of 3-500Z tubes, but I'm
concerned about the need to rotate them once or twice a year to keep them
gettered. That seems like a lot of opportunity to damage pins or caps.

I am nowhere near retirement and have many decades ahead of me, so my current
tubes in the amps are certainly not a lifetime supply. And I have no spares on
the shelf. The last Chinese manufacturer could stop any time with little
warning. Prices have been increasing rapidly. Time to make a plan.

73,
Cathy
N5WVR