[Amps] Alpha 76 160 meter 2nd harmonic

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 76 160 meter 2nd harmonic
From: "Chris Hays" <chris@chrishays.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 10:02:55 -0800
Apologies for the preceding empty.

Before you tear the rig apart, have you confirmed that the complainer was
far enough away to rule out receiver front end overload?

Chris, AB6QK

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 08:32:19 -0700
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
To: amps@contesting.com

I was surprised to receive e-mail that the 2nd harmonic of my 1866.5 signal
was QRMing a QSO on 3733. I know that 160 meters was added to the Alpha 76
as an afterthought when the FCC raised the 160 meter power limit just before
the Alpha 76 was released. As a result of that design decision, the loading
control works "backwards" on 160. While the schematic shows a Pi-L on 160,
that is clearly not reality. Anyone care to venture what the real-life
equivalent circuit is on 160 ?

73,
Steve, N2IC