Re: [Amps] new amp race

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] new amp race
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 05:55:32 +0800
Agreed.

When K0IR and co went to VP8 (South Orkney) they did it ultra lite style, without amps. From VK6 to there, is among the most difficult paths in the world. That one is one of the last two I need for Number 1 Honour Roll.

We could just about hear them here on CW but not enough to work. We have amplifiers, so they would have heard us and with another 10dB coming from their end, we would have been able to hear them acknowledging us in the pileups.

Ah, that's DX.

Alek. VK6APK