Re: [Amps] Defining CCS

To: Amps group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Defining CCS
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 19:17:44 +0000

On Mon, 01 Jan 2018 13:58:35 +0000, Manfred wrote:

>- RTTY contesting: It's the same as above, but typically over 48 hours.
>It's still not CCS.

REPLY:

RTTY contesting may not be true CCS but it's not exactly  ICAS either.
I have had many amps rated 1500 watts ICAS (Ameritron, Command, ICOM,
SPE, ACOM and others I can't remember) and none of the hold up at
legal limit during a RTTY contest. The only amp I have owned that does
is an Alpha 9500, and of course my homebrew 8877 which was
intentionally overbuilt just for RTTY.

For what it's worth.

73, Bill W6WRT