Re: [Amps] SB220 Meter blown...follow up hope

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB220 Meter blown...follow up hope
From: Paul Kraemer <elespe@lisco.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 14:12:57 -0500
That will certainly test the meter movement!  It will pin hard once that then you will know it is bad.

NEVER TEST A METER MOVEMENT WITH A OHMMETER!

Paul K0UYA

On 5/15/2020 12:53 PM, Steven Katz wrote:
Why not use a VOM on a R x100 scale or something to connect directly across the
meter  (with no resistors in the circuit) by cutting the shunt and bypassing
the series resistor, to confirm the movement actually works?