Re: [Amps] Drake L-7 amplifier power supply requirements

To: Mickey Baker <n4mb@arrl.net>, A Lawrence Fibich <lfibich@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Drake L-7 amplifier power supply requirements
From: gudguyham--- via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 12:03:52 +0000 (UTC)
The Drake RF deck already has 5v filament transformer built in so no need for
running 5 v up to the deck.  Switch the RF deck to self bias  so you have no
need fir 120vdc from the supply.  ALC not needed anyhow which derived from the
120vdc you’d need to provide that now you won’t have to.  So with that bias mod
done up in the RF deck that leaves only a few simple connections.  DC B+ and B-
and switching the supply on.  Forget about all the Hi Lo plate voltage and just
run the supply voltage your HB supply makes.  Like that it’s a very easy hook
up.  Do you already have the connecting cord?  Do you have the original supply
that is dead or no supply at all?  Just wondering.  I recondition supplies with
blown transformers.  Lou

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS