Re: [Amps] Brand new updated PS board for Command Technology amplifiers

To: "gudguyham@aol.com" <gudguyham@aol.com>, vk6apk@bigpond.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Brand new updated PS board for Command Technology amplifiers
From: A J <iamfromcanadaalso@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 09:17:59 -0500
I had a Palstar 2500E (3X3CPX800A7) IIRC Paul told me only 6 were made, regrettably sold. No idea how many non E version.

Many changes were made the power supply it was accessible from a removable bottom panel. An issue with the transformer leads would become loose after about 6-8 months and needed to be re-tightened from the air/ blower vibration. The transformer was also much larger in the Palstar.

The control circuit was also very fast acting, over grid trip, over plate trip etc.

No more festoonbulbs !

The qsk was a bit noisy ( personal opinion).

Step start used mechanical relays vs the crydom electronic.

RF deck layout very similar.

The Palstar 2500E was significantly taller over the Commander 2500E

Output was ~4400 into the dummy load, lots of overhead.

Cheers AJ___ VE3HJ