No subject

Subject: No subject
From: Doug.Grant@analog.com (Doug.Grant@analog.com)
Date: Fri Mar 19 15:14:00 1993
Subject: Half-time contests

I had lunch with K1AR today (he was in town to close on the sale of his NH
house (no turning back now...).

We discussed the half-time debate. If such a category is established, he's
thinking of going to K1EA's station, operating the first 24 hours with his
call, and the second 24 hours with Ken's call, and trying to come in both
first and second place. It may sound like bragging to those of you who don't
know either John or Ken's station, but I think he could pull it off. Gee...I
guess that means more frustration for other part-time participants, getting
beaten not once, but twice in a contest by the same guy!

Where are all the suggestions for increased participation from the Sunday
drivers? OK - pins and mugs are nice ideas, but let's hear more creative
additions to the debate - and to Tree's point...make them *easy* for the
contest sponsors to administer or they simply won't happen. And certificates
are *very* labor-intensive, so more of them is the wrong direction...

Doug    K1DG