Open Logs

Subject: Open Logs
From: ames@force.DECNET.LOCKHEED.COM (ames@force.DECNET.LOCKHEED.COM)
Date: Tue Oct 18 12:17:37 1994
I don't know if this a factor worth considering in the discussion, but
but I was under the impression that the people who help with scores thought
they had a thank-less job to begin with.  If you want to see what in the logs,
there is an odvious approach.  Think about it.

My own comments are centered about the analogy to sailboat racing, and I used
to crew in High School with this crazy nut who used to win most of the time.
I have to disagree with the phrase "everyone can see what tactics the winner
used" because it is just not true.  Indeed, until people start turning the
first mark the majority in the race don't even have a clue is in the lead, and
are so busy with their own affairs they have very little time to evaluate what
anyone else is doing.  Only the ones in the lead knew what was happening, and
were also quite quick to file a "protest" for any infraction of the rules, I
might add.  I'm sure there are "secrets" in winning, but I would suspect that
it really has an awful lot to do with the concept that the winners worked a lot
harder and smarter than evryone else.  And not just during the contest.

73, alan N2ALE/6