What's a control operator?

Subject: What's a control operator?
From: dcurtis@mipos2.intel.com (dcurtis@mipos2.intel.com)
Date: Tue Oct 18 19:18:37 1994
Hmmmm... after reading my e-mail backlog on "third parties" in
contests, it seems that my definition of "control operator" may
be on the loosey-goosey side of most peoples' interpretration.
I have always said that if the power switch was within arm's
reach, and I was paying attention to what was going on, I was
*the* control operator for legal purposes.  It is completely
within my power to stop any illegal operation immediately.
Is this too lax to pass inspection? 73, Dave NG0X