N2RM Operation

Subject: N2RM Operation
From: johnp@pc16.idcg.com (johnp@pc16.idcg.com)
Date: Fri Dec 9 07:35:35 1994

N4HY said:
>I didn't notice any smiley's here so I can only assume you are serious.  Are
>you really kidding?  Every time I have operated there, more than one operator
>is there that has not operated a contest before, and is not a member of
>a contest club.  If you mean they give some preference for FRC folks (so
>the score for the FRC is bolstered), then you're probably right, but so what?
I, WB2EKK, say:

AARRGHHHHH!!!!!

or more colorfully:

!@@#$#%%&&*!!?!#!!

I realize that I am not James Thurber, or even Dave Barry, but I didn't realize
people

needed "smileys" to figure out when I was being humorous. But I did get a few
other

notes along the same vein - maybe I've been writing for the Government too
long.

Congratulations to AD1C and WX3N for seeing the humor.

My note on N2RM was intended to be humorous: I operate at W3LPL, want LPL to
beat

RM, etc.

This dependence on emoticons to determine if something is serious or not is
dangerous.

I hope you guys haven't been taking Rush Limbaugh or Ross Perot seriously!!??!!

John

John Pescatore WB2EKK
IDC Government
Falls Church, VA