Tell WJ2O where to get off

Subject: Tell WJ2O where to get off
From: WJ2O@aol.com (WJ2O@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jun 29 01:41:13 1995
Hello fellow contesters:

I could use some fresh ideas.  Here's your chance to tell me where to go!

I need to start considering where to operate for World Wide CW in November
and ARRL CW next February.

---------------------------------------

For WW I was thinking of 9Y4 due to it's 3 point value for being considered
South America.  Any comments on that or suggestions on where to stay?
 Dosen't need to be an existing ham station.  I can have just as much fun
with a vertical and 100 watts than with yagis and a kw.

Please don't send me to P40 and make me compete with all those good
operators.  Any leads on those small countries north of Brazil 8R1, PZ or
FY7?  A cottage rental is ideal.  My wife and I are taking another couple on
this trip so we would have to sleep 4.  The other couple are divers so if it
isn't an island it has to be near the coast.

---------------------------------------

For ARRL CW it is of course important to stay close to the US.  This way it's
like fishing in a fishbowl.  But I would like to be someplace that I haven't
been before.  I've been considering J3.  It's also fun to be somewhat unique
(there is always a ZF or a VP5 on).  Any ideas here?

---------------------------------------

Hope you guys get on for IARU and work me from TF.  I'm only running dipoles
and 100 watts so I don't anticipate a boomy QSO count.  If it is anything
like my experience in Greenland last year, I only had one band that anybody
heard me on, good ole 20 meters.  You can bet that I'll be CQing on my
favorite band 30 meters outside the test.

Here is a list of where I have operated so you don't send me back:  C6A, KP1,
KP2, KP4, OX, PJ2, VE (zone 2), VP2E, V2, 6Y5, TF (next week) and CE, CE0A,
ZP (coming this fall)

Thanks for your help,
73 es CUL, Dave, WJ2O