MORE FUN WITH KT34XA

Subject: MORE FUN WITH KT34XA
From: ron@gw3ydx.demon.co.uk (Ron Stone)
Date: Mon Jul 24 23:16:05 1995
-----
| Ron Stone, GW3YDX -    EMail ron@gw3ydx.demon.co.uk

-----

Hi chaps

At least this makes a change from QRL ? !

My 34XA at last is playing on 10 and 20m. I rechecked all the
dimensions and now all seems well.

However the two points of resonance on 21 are at 20.850 and at 21.200.
They should be about 150 KHz higher and NOTHING I seem able to do
shifts them.

If I play with the reflector as per the KLM instruction manual even
with the most severe changes the dips only move upwards 20 KHz or so.

If I play with the driven elements by shortening the 15m loading
section everything gets much worse !!

This fine antenna seems to get out very well on the lower end of 15m
but I just dont like to use it on phone as the SWR is higher than 3 to
1 above 21300.

73
Ron