ALPHA 91 B - GOOD OR BAD ?

Subject: ALPHA 91 B - GOOD OR BAD ?
From: ron@gw3ydx.demon.co.uk (Ron Stone)
Date: Mon Aug 14 17:16:16 1995
-----
| Ron Stone, GW3YDX -    EMail ron@gw3ydx.demon.co.uk

-----
Chaps

Those on the reflector will know I am looking for a new linear. One
that can take some caning in a contest situation.

The Alpha 91 B looks pretty good on paper. However I did hear that
they blow up - especially if they have a dodgy power source such as
DXpedition generators. I'm unlikely to do that, the supply is
relatively stable here (only varies from 210 to 270 VAC !!)

What's the real news on the 91B please - and can one get one.
I've not talked to ETO yet. First of all I'll learn from users !!

The governing factor with the 91B would be the QSK and the replacement
price for tubes. They are supposed to be half the price of the 3CX800
so that would make them $200 or less (???)

73
Ron

73