CQ WW CW LP/ASSISTED K0LUZ

Subject: CQ WW CW LP/ASSISTED K0LUZ
From: Hamk0luz@aol.com (Hamk0luz@aol.com)
Date: Tue Nov 28 21:56:51 1995

      Call: K0LUZ                    Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Unlimited
      Low Power                       22.5 hours Total Operating Time

      160        0        0     0.00      0       0
       80       50      132     2.64     11      35
       40      108      296     2.74     18      60
       20      282      790     2.80     29      92
       15      317      918     2.90     28      86
       10       13       28     2.15      9       9

     Totals    770     2164     2.81     95     282  =>  815,828

Equipment Description:   TS-940S,  TH6DXX @ 70' ,  inverted V 40 and 80 at
about 65 feet,  486/66 computer

Club Affiliation: Florida Contest Club

A real fun weekend with amazing results in breaking some pileups that
I had no business even trying with low power.

Since I had run a few hours high power in SS Phone and my neighbors
can always attest to the fact that I am running high power,  I decided
to do the right thing this weekend and run low power so that they didn't
have to come up with some additional nasty names for me.   Low power
doesn't seem to affect anyone  in the neighborhood ......  I had fun,  they
had fun,  and we're all friends once again.

Packet here was great with about 100 nodes connected.  It was amazing
seeing the spots roll by quickly and trying to keep CT9.27 announce fields
clean.   I enjoy the technology of being able to jump right to a spots freq,
work them in 45 seconds and jump back to the main frequency immediately.
That's almost as much fun as breaking a big pileup with 100 watts.

The only run I was able to generate was Saturday morning on 15 meters.  It
lasted great for a couple of hours.   On Sunday,  I planned to do the same
thing and early on, the band sounded real good,  and I started to run,  but
suddenly all I could hear was the big gun signals.  It seemed that in a
matter
of a couple of minutes,  the band cooled down and it was search and pounce
from that moment on.   20 meters was just too crowded to do much with
low power and running.

10 meters produced very little.  I did work work a couple of ZS stations and
3B8/W6ZZ.

Still a great contest and hopefully next year I can be DX from somewhere
in the CW contest (my neighbors will like that!).   This year,  I was part of

the VP5WW crew on SSB,  but CW is where the soul is!

73
Red
K0LUZ/4