Comparing Radios

Subject: Comparing Radios
From: rfedor@magellan.cloudnet.com (Ralph Fedor) (Ralph Fedor)
We like to compare receivers.  Although I've not had the opportunity to line
up four or five radios of the same make and model and switch from one to the
other, I have had the feeling that "this 765 (1000D, 940, 980, or what have
you) is not as 'hot' as another I have used."

Does significant variability exist between radios of the same make and
model?  If so, how much?

And, if it exists, are our reviews meaningful?  Is our experience with a
fortuitous "hot" model that came off the line, or is it with a "not so hot"
model from the same line.

What does everyone think?

73 -
Ralph  -  K0IR