80 acre contest site - vacant

Subject: 80 acre contest site - vacant
From: EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM (EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM)
Date: Wed Feb 28 13:13:01 1996
On the way back from Pittsburgh (the little California one) to Dixon
(the very little California one) via Cal. Hwy 113 (smallest red line one
can discern on map), I noticed a site with a bunch of metal towers and
wires just north of Rio Vista, Ca. (you find it).

I took the side road to go get a closer look and came to a locked gate
next to the sign that said "80 Acres For Sale" with a Bay Area area code
tel. number.

I think this is an old VOA relay site.  It has about fourteen towers on
it - most of which support rhombics?.  A couple of the towers look to be
over 100 feet tall.

There's a building on the site which probably qualifies for a N2RM
shack.

This place is kitty corner from N6RO's. - 20 miles?

What an opportunity for one with the resources!!!!

Eric, NV6O
edwoods@pacbell.com