GridLoc Result: W5EHM

Subject: GridLoc Result: W5EHM
From: barron@liant.com (Robert Barron)
Date: Tue Apr 16 14:11:02 1996
Here's a GridLoc result.  Don't forget to send your scores to me
or George Fremin (geoiii@bga.com).

                             GRID LOC SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 13-Apr-96, 14-Apr-96

    Callsign Used : W5EHM
        Operators : N1PVB, SQ9DDZ, KA5WSS

         Category : Multi-Two

 Default Exchange : DEREK EM10

   20SSB     295         292        292     135
   15SSB       4           4          4       3
   10SSB       1           1          1       0

 Totals      300         297        297     138

    Final Score = 40986 points.

Conditions were better this year than last though there is still
lots of room for improvement.  As you can see from the result,
20M was the band.  15M and 10M were very dead mostly (though calling
CQ on "dead" 15M resulted in QSO's and mults).  By the time the
move to 40M or 80M was called we were ready to shut it down.
I listend to CW for some CQ'ers but did not hear any.  I did not
have enough confidence in my CW ability to call CQ and possibly be
faced with the prospect of trying to explain what the contest is,
in CW!

This year I acted mostly as control op for some University of
Texas students to give them some experience operating an HF
contest.  Hopefully this will pay dividends by the time Sweepstakes
comes around.  The club's new HF beam worked fairly well.

73,

Robert Barron, KA5WSS                 barron@liant.com
Liant Software Corporation            Hook 'Em Horns!