Hints and Kinks needed

Subject: Hints and Kinks needed
From: bill.riffle@ccmail.bsis.com (bill.riffle@ccmail.bsis.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 15:37:41 1996
A few years back, I seem to remember there being an
article in QST(?) about cleaning aluminum elements.  It had
something to do with using alcohol.  I am looking for a quick
way to clean elements on a yagi before putting it back
together.

Also how about cleaning stranded copper wire that has
weathered.