[CQ-Contest] ARRL CAC input needed

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL CAC input needed
From: ramirezk@emi.com (Ken N4UK)
Date: Fri May 2 16:36:36 1997
    I don't think that adding the 6m band to HF contests is such
a good idea:
- 6m is not an HF band and only acts like one during the high
end of the solar cycle and not very often at that.
- Sporadic E openings are extremely rare in November and
February/March during the timeframes of the Sweepstakes and the
ARRL DX contest. You would want to utilize Es for the USA
contacts in Sweepstakes. Think about 10 meters during the
Sweepstakes and double the displeasure.
- The beacon sub band extends from 50.000-50.090. CW contests
held in that portion of the band would raise the ire of many 6m
enthusiasts.
- Working DX on 6m during the solar cycle low is nearly
impossible except for the Summer Es season where special
conditions exist and contacts are still difficult to obtain.
- You think you have TVI problems now? Wait till you get on 6m
during a contest and wipe out TV channel 2 and every 49 Mhz
cordless phone for miles.
- If you want to help the 6m band create a 6m only contest with
rules and categories geared toward the unusual circumstances
that surround that band. Such a contest is being planned and is
in the works as we type. Stay tuned!
- adding 6m to the 10m contest?6m/10m? Now that's an oxymoron!

 Leave the VHF bands out of the HF Contests!!!
   73 Ken N4UK

http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
>Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST@contesting.com

 73 Ken N4UK