[CQ-Contest] contest SHOOTOUT!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] contest SHOOTOUT!
From: k7ss@wolfenet.com (Eskenazi/Leveque)
Date: Thu Apr 2 22:12:05 1998
KK7GW is right on in seeing the need for an annual (semiannual?) shootout that
features "TREY vs TY" and a host of other events. 6 years was way too long
to wait between 1990 in Seattle and 1996 in SFO....but wait we did. Now in
2000 (just 4 years
to wait) we see WRTC2000 happening in Slovenia...and a chance for the
World's best
to shoot it out, face to face.... no eastcoast/westcoast differences or any
others.

Do we as a community have the:

ENERGY
TIME
MONEY
DESIRE
 ....to see an annual or semi annual event like WRTC???

It would be a great qualifer, not only for a National Championship, but a
great way
to help select our National Team that goes to WRTC to represent the US.

Anyone connected with the San Francisco WRTC, or the Seattle WRTC, knows
what efforts
it takes to put an event of this magnitude on. Perhaps a mini WRTC is in
order.

My suggestion: An annual summer shootout that takes place in July (during
Radiosport?) every other year, that may coincide with a radio
gathering....and also allows for families to vacation at the same time.
Perhaps this could be the seed for a national CONTEST CONVENTION.  Its sure
been talked about long enough.

This truly could be a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP ! We all know how futile the
east/west
difference makes trying to win in the major contests. Now all you need is
a plane ticket, your paddle and favorite mike, and off you go... face to face.

It just takes a few dedicated folks to get something rolling....

How about it ??

73,

Danny K7SS