Vs: [CQ-Contest] 1 pt qso

Subject: Vs: [CQ-Contest] 1 pt qso
From: oh6yf@sral.fi (Harri M. Mantila OH6YF-OH0MYF)
Date: Wed Apr 29 20:18:33 1998
Hello!

EU to EU QSO counts 1 point.

We don't have any 2 points QSOs on high bands (or 4 points on low bands) as
you have.
HERE ARE THE RULES:

VI. Points:
(a) Contacts between stations on different continents are worth three (3)
points on 28, 21 & 14 MHz and six (6) points on 7, 3.5 & 1.8 MHz.

(b) Contacts between stations on the same continent, but different
countries, are worth one (1) point on 28, 21 & 14 MHz and two (2) points on
7, 3.5 & 1.8 MHz. Exception: For North American stations only - contacts
between stations with the North American boundaries are worth two (2)
points on 28, 21 & 14 MHz and four (4) points on 7, 3.5 & 1.8 MHz.

(c) Contacts between stations in the same country are permitted for
multiplier credit but are worth zero (0) points.
So, if you will get 1 point for all the QSOs inside your own country why
not then also give us 2 points for QSOs in the same continent? Or what is
the difference between QSO from Ontario to Indiana and from Finland to
Spain (except we get less points for longer distance)?

73
Harry OH6YF