[CQ-Contest] Technique for calling DX in contests

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Technique for calling DX in contests
From: kw4t@erols.com (Dan Weisenburger)
Date: Fri Jul 31 05:49:14 1998
Greetings Speed Demons and Slow Pokes,

I've had similar experiences with Euopean stations who are just makin a
few contacts and aren't in the contest.

I don't mind if they send my call ONCE.  That's great 'cause I know
they're calling me. On the other hand, when they send my call two or
more times that's beginning to eat up time. I know my call pretty good
at any reasonable code speed or in most spoken languages.  If they
repeat my call again (with possible repeats) I just edit a note to
myself while I wait for the frequency to clear.  Most of my QSO's are
S&P because I really do have the weakest signal on 40 meters but I look
forward to saying hi to many of the fine ops worldwide that we work over
and over in the various contests and I also look foreward to the
"Unique" that just drops by to give me a point.  We need ' em both.

One other thought...How many times duing CQWW are you asked by DX and
domestic staions.."What contest is this?" I'm always amazed at how few
non-contestors either don't get the major ham publications or read them
cover to cover!

73 from Lake Moneysgone (South) but soon to be in Minnesota (Bucket
brigade forming to move the lake),  Dan,  KW4T