[CQ-Contest] June QST arrives

Subject: [CQ-Contest] June QST arrives
From: henrypol2@juno.com (henrypol2@juno.com)
Date: Sun May 23 21:48:23 1999
Front cover photo of the N1FD Field Day crew raising a tower with an
inset photo of the 15 meter operating position in action.  Yes... that's
right, it's that time again!  And there is a feature article on N1FD
inside.

Contest related items:
Results - 98 CW Sweepstakes
Kid's Day - June 1999!
A Simple 50-ohm Feed for W8JK Beams
RF Safety at Field Day
A Simple Killer Antenna (40 meter vertical)
Product Review - Yaesu FT-100 MF/HF/VHF/UHF All-Mode Transceiver (and
coffee maker? :-) )

Other interesting items:
Surface Mount Technology - You Can Work with It!, Part 3
How to Choose and Use a Portable Power Generator

Alinco has two new HTs, the DJ-V5T and DJ-195T.
There's a new edition of ON4UN's Low-Band DXing book.
Yaesu has taken the dual-band mobile rig packaging to a new smaller level
with their new "Micro Commander" FT-90R.

And Special Features: ( :-) )
article - Communications In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
ads - The Icom IC-781, IC-746, IC-756, & IC-2800H now are available with
a screen-saver program that randomly displays pictures from the latest
movie - Star Wars, Episode I, The Phantom Menance.  $9.95 with your used
ticket stub.  OK, OK..., with all of the recent media hype and today's
paper inserts, I felt that we hams needed to get in on this also! :-)
And yes, I saw "it" today.

73 and good reading,
Henry Pollock - K4TMC
Raleigh, NC