[CQ-Contest] You should have a reason for everything you do.

Subject: [CQ-Contest] You should have a reason for everything you do.
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed Sep 29 01:38:28 1999
Fred Laun K3ZO wrote:

>After some of the post-contest stories I have written, I have received
>private e-mails from folks in propagationally-challenged areas saying, in
>essence: "What you've written is all fine and good, but out here where I
>live there is just no way I can run up a decent score."

While you may not be able to win the US in some places in the US, what we
in the US tend to forget is that winning your state is practically like
winning your country and winning your ARRL division is practically like
winning your continent in most parts of the world.

I doubt I could win the entire US in many contests from northern
Illinois.  But what I can do is win my state or win my section.  Others
in my area have the same condx as me.

That counts for quite a bit.

73,

Jon