[CQ-Contest] Proposal to reduce "mirroring" of CT country and masterdata

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Proposal to reduce "mirroring" of CT country and masterdatabase files
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Tue Oct 26 11:52:53 1999
Hello all,

In the past, I have uploaded the CT database files (country, section,
master callsign) to various places on the Internet, including VE7TCP
(gone), jzap.com, and the DX-BBS (telephone).  I have had so many headaches
trying to upload the files to the CT BBS that unless I'm in Matt's shack, I
won't bother.

So here's my question:

If I were to just keep www.k1ea.com web site, and the
ct-user-REQUEST@contesting.com E-mail site updated, would this satisfy
everyone?  In other words, is having the data on a telephone BBS somewhere
still necessary for people?  I'm sure I'm asking the wrong crowd, since you
all have Internet access by definition, but I thought I would give it a shot.

Please reply to me directly if you have any comments, pro- or con-.  I'd
like to try to reduce the amount of work it is to disseminate the data, and
also make sure that the most current data shows up everywhere it is
supposed to.

Thanks & 73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>