[CQ-Contest] Remote Antennas and More

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Remote Antennas and More
From: k0hb@arrl.org (Hans - K0HB)
Date: Tue Feb 8 10:50:17 2000
"Kenneth E. Harker" wrote:

> The remote authors would still have to have a command of
> contest strategy and tactics, of propagation at the DX location,
> and the myriad other skills and knowledge that makes contesting
> what it is.  If anything, going remote undoubtedly offers a lot
> more challenges to overcome. It's probably not for everyone,
> and I'm not sure it would ever be for me, but I haven't seen
> the compelling argument yet for why remoted stations
> should necessarily be presumed "against the spirit of the game."

I agree absolutely!  I am more than a little convinced that the
salvation of the "inventive" side of amateur radio ("advancing
the state of the radio art" and all that stuff) will be the
competitive environment of Radiosport ("contesting" is a dirty
word some places).  The contesting community owes it to themselves
to nuture and encourage "thinking outside the envelope".

73, Hans, K0HB