[CQ-Contest] Best QSOs per Hour on SSB and CW

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Best QSOs per Hour on SSB and CW
From: AA4NC@aol.com (AA4NC@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jun 28 11:30:32 2001
Hi  - My name is Will and I'm a rate addict...

As it has been pointed out by N5TJ and others, winning contests is more about
minimizing the slow times than maximizing absolute rate. We concentate on
absolute rate because we are addicted (see above)!

I have found that really pushing for maximum rate can be a bit
counterproductive, especially in single-op situations. It is more physically
draining in my opinion than to get a good steady rythm at a slightly lower
rate. I have had the good fortune to operate in lots of multi-op situations
where you can really push hard because you know you have another good
operator waiting in the wings. This is where we rate junkies can pour on the
coal.

The ultimate contest winner is not always the peak rate guy, but the guy that
is still alive at 2359z on Sunday!

73,

Will