[CQ-Contest] CW Speeds in a contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CW Speeds in a contest
From: fnorton@chartermi.net (Frank R. Norton II)
Date: Tue Jan 1 02:59:14 2002

Hi Tom,

I admire ur practices.  I agree with all except perhaps your run rate
starting rate seems a bit fast, but as u say, u reduce it if the calls
decrease and u do respond to a request to QRS.  I applaud ur contesting
methods.

Further, I hope there are others who are not afraid to join u on the
soapbox!  We really do need "fishing" methods for CW contesting newbies,
and u had some very intriguing methods in ur post.

Happy New Year To All and Vy 73 de Frank W8HO
PS I agree completely, if someone is sending at 35-45 wpm, they better be
able to receive at that speed.  Though I would advise slower sending would
improve their final score dramatically!