[CQ-Contest] QST -- Now is the Time to be Heard

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QST -- Now is the Time to be Heard
From: frenaye@pcnet.com (Tom Frenaye)
Date: Fri Jan 11 10:55:23 2002

I wouldn't recommend that you write to so many different people.   I know when
I get input on ARRL issues I pay the most attention to that received from New
England, since those are the people that elected me.    To be most effective in
impacting ARRL policy, concentrate on only one or two people - the one who
directly represents you on the ARRL Board and perhaps one other who you know
personally (if not the same as the Board member).    And send them different
e-mail messages.

                -- Tom

At 10:03 AM 1/11/2002 -0500, Pete Smith wrote:

>At 02:15 PM 1/11/02 -0000, EI2JC wrote:
>>Hi Pete,
>>
>>Who would you recommend international members to contact ?
>
>I've had a number of such requests, just in the last few hours.
>
>I would write to the members of the Membership Services Committee.  The MSC
>consists of Chairman Frank Fallon, N2FF; Tom Frenaye, K1KI; Dick Isley,
>W9GIG; John Kanode, N4MM; Greg Milnes, W7OZ; Rick Roderick, K5UR; and Bob
>Vallio, W6RGG.
>
>I would also write to the Administration and Finance Committee.  Committee
>Members: Director Walt Stinson, W0CP, Chairman; Vice President Joel
>Harrison, W5ZN; Directors Coy Day, N5OK; Jay Bellows, K0QB; Bernie Fuller,
>N3EFN; and Dennis Bodson, W4PWF; Vice Director Jim Fenstermaker, K9JF
>(secretary); Executive Vice President Dave Sumner, K1ZZ; CFO Barry Shelley,
>N1VXY; Treasurer Jim McCobb, W1LLU; and President Jim Haynie, W5JBP
>(ex-officio).
>
>I would also write to the International Affairs VP, Rod Stafford,
>w6rod@arrl.org.  Though he no longer has a vote on the board, he is a past
>President, and the informal decision structure is sometimes just as
>important as the final vote.  Also be sure to copy Mark Wilson,
>K1RO@arrl.org, QST's publisher.
>
>73, Pete N4ZR
>
>The revised World Contest
>Station Database
>is online at www.pvrc.org
>

>--
>CQ-Contest on WWW: http://lists.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
>Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST@contesting.com

=====
e-mail: k1ki@arrl.org   ARRL New England Division Director  http://www.arrl.org/
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box J, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444