Fw: [CQ-Contest] Quick Poll

Subject: Fw: [CQ-Contest] Quick Poll
From: k7qq@netzero.net (Rex Maner)
Date: Sat Jan 12 05:36:58 2002
Quacks
Our squalking about the intent of the ARRL removing contest results from QST
will be something resembling elections that happen every 2 years, we vote
for initatives that get diluted in the Legslature to 1/10 of what was
desired when we cast our vote. and Congress People who speak with both sides
of their mouth.
Some of the reasons given by the league position I think I understand,  I
also hate to see scores dissappear from the pages of QST, however I seldom
look at results of contest that I don't submit a log. When I do its only to
see who from my section is listed and how they did.  I can do that on the
ARRL web site.I generally read or at least go thru most of the Editoral's
and articles in the Pages.  Some of them are a total loss for an
electronically ( solid state challanged ham) .  Always a TUBE man 5Y3
rectifiers and 6L6 finals.  I also would like to see my score more often in
the TOP 10,  (fat chance).  The section that I NEVER read is the SECTION
Reports.  Maybe that can be removed for more contest coverage.
I've carefully read all the Post on this subject and still don't know what
position I fully support, somewhere in the middle I guess.
Rex K7QQ  LM

> Polls are not the end-all.  In our Township a poll firm was hired to
assess
> the needs and wants for an indoor ice arena to be funded privately but
> backed by the taxpayer.  The poll came back with 80% in favor.  Private
> citizens were outraged and forced the issue onto the ballot by going door
> door getting signed petitions.  The ice arena was soundly defeated at the
> ballot box by 78% of the voters.  A private firm then built an arena, less
> than three years later they filed bankruptcy.
>
> Polls can also be swayed by the way the questions are fabricated.
>
> Ron ND5S (member ARRL)

PLEASE
> > PLEASE PLEASE)
> >
> > Please respond to K1RO at the ARRL if you have ever been polled by
Readex,
> > Inc.
> >
> > His e-mail is
> >
> > mwilson@arrl.org
> >
> > AND
> >
> > ONLY IF YOU HAVE BEEN POLLED, PLEASE CC THE CQ-CONTEST REFLECTOR....I
have
> > not and wonder how many active contesters have.
> >
> > ...Mark let us know how much mail you get from the "burden"-some
> contesting
> > community, won't you?
> >

> > Jim White, K4OJ
> > ARRL LM and former ARRL employee who had to deal with those burdensome
> > contesters in the seventies...
> >

> > --
> > CQ-Contest on WWW: http://lists.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
> > Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST@contesting.com