[CQ-Contest] Meet with the BoD

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Meet with the BoD
From: w0uo@cs.com (w0uo@cs.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 12:53:52 2002

Ward,
   Excellent observation. I believe, before we get carried away, that we
need to do some careful analysis and planning.  I have no problem with
contesters promoting contesting, in fact I do that at every opportunity.
However,
as as group we need to do a full analysis of our situation, Strengths,
Weaknesses,
Opportunities and Threats, barriers to entry,
barriers to exit, the whole nine yards before we set long term objectives
and take action based on them.
   It seems to me that at least one group is about to take action based
on their current perception of the situation.  This won't necessarily
result in a positive outcome.
   In other words, we need to take our time, think it through, and
take action which is, in the long term, constructive for radiosport in
general and contesting in particular.

73 de Jim
W0UO/5