[CQ-Contest] Packet usage

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Packet usage
From: w0uo@cs.com (w0uo@cs.com)
Date: Thu Feb 21 12:31:43 2002
All

It has long been my opinion that a good single op unassisted effort will always
prevail over an assisted effort THAT OVER EMPHASIZES USE OF PACKET.  By that I
mean that, for several reasons, not all packet spots are useful. You may not
have propagation to the spotted station.  You may have to sit in a pileup to
work the station. You may not need the station.  The only advantage I can find
is that you may pick up a few (probably very few) multipliers you have missed
otherwise.  To get these, you may pay a small penalty in QSOs missed.
This game is a lot more fun without packet anyway.

73 de Jim
W0UO/5