[CQ-Contest] W/VEs Can't Work Other W/VEs in ARRL DX

Subject: [CQ-Contest] W/VEs Can't Work Other W/VEs in ARRL DX
From: widelitz@gte.net (Ken Widelitz)
Date: Thu Feb 21 09:07:12 2002
I must have had 400 US stations (only 2 VEs) call me at VY2SS last weekend,
including many calls seen here on the reflector who should know better.
Maybe some thought VY2 is DX, but when they asked for my  "POWER" and
wouldn't take PEI for a response, it got very annoying. Except for one
instance when I was very tired and frustrated, I worked them all but didn't
log them. I was guilty of this once by accident when I called K7SS because
for some reason, probably sleep deprivation, I thought he was mobile out of
the country. Maybe it was the station he had just worked I was trying to
call.

For future reference, in the ARRL DX contest, if you are a US or Canadian
station, you do not help out by calling other US or Canadian stations. You
are NOT giving them points, only wasting their time.

73, Ken, K6LA