Fw: [CQ-Contest] W/VEs Can't Work Other W/VEs in ARRL DX

Subject: Fw: [CQ-Contest] W/VEs Can't Work Other W/VEs in ARRL DX
From: k7qq@netzero.net (Rex Maner)
Date: Fri Feb 22 06:36:32 2002

Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] W/VEs Can't Work Other W/VEs in ARRL DX

> > It didn't only happen to VEs. I got called by a few stateside guys
> too. I
Quack's
 I don't know if I was spotted by DX or W station but I had the most
horrendious Pile early Saturday AM when band first oppened to EU.  Op Freq
apx 28160 I had to put in 18db of pad and reduce the RF gain to pull out
partial calls from many QRP   GP/Dipole types.  Not a horriably misbhaved
pile just untold numbers, I now know how the Rare DX guy feels when the Spot
hits.
I had many W's call and just gave a quick report rather than say No good.
Maybe they will call in the next One.
Tnx to those that didn't set down 200hz away.

Rex

> > gave them a report and went on to the next QRZ.
> > First, it's quicker than yelling at them. Second, better not to piss
> off
> > the
> > casual ops just trying to help.
>
> Especially if you want them to call you in SS or during some other
> domestic contest!
>

> David Robbins K1TTT
> e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
> web: http://www.k1ttt.net