[CQ-Contest] New log deadline for ARRL contests?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] New log deadline for ARRL contests?
From: n2mg@eham.net (Michael Gilmer)
Date: Wed Jun 5 19:10:12 2002
I'm sure all the anti-log-sanitizing nazis will be happy, but the
programmers might not be. Now they have but a few days to fix any
Cabrillo-generation bugs that might not be discovered until late. (I know, I
know, they are ALL supermen and there are never any bugs.)

Also, this would put the deadline for several large contests right on top of
other large contests (ARRL DX phone occurs 2 wks after ARRL DX CW; SS phone
is two wks after SS CW).  Currently, I don't have to worry about submitting
any of the big-four Fall contest logs until after CQWW CW is over.

I'm not against change, but it should have a purpose...   Is this to speed
up the publication of the results on the web or in QST?  (Personally, I can
wait the extra 15 days...) Or is it to cut down on that nasty evil of log
sanitizing?  (Which IMO is not as pervasive as some seem to believe.)  Or
will it simply serve to make slightly more acute one of contesting's
existing burdens?  If Dan is going to entertain "special situations" (and I
don't envy him this), why not make the deadline one week (or less)?  Then
when your only Internet-enabled PC crashes, or your ISP goes down, you, too,
can cry "foul!"

Mike N2MG
P.S. I do not perform any post-contest log sanitizing nor do I often take
more than a few days to submit my log.